Wednesday, May 6, 2009

tour story-xining,- first arrive in xining,guangxi china

Wow, so it looks like I have not been updating very much on my move journal. Let me revise everybody!

I am currently studying abroad in Shanghai, China at Fudan University as an alien student, and I love it!

Since it is Guo Qing Jie here (Chinese National Holiday) and we, the students, have a week off from program I have firm to take a journey to Xining, China, which is in the Qinghai state. Why Xining? Well…I have traveled to China before, but never out west! So I decisive: why not try something different. I inwards here last night, and it took a 36-hour chain fall from the Shanghai Railway Station. I am here with an ally, Jen D. She is from Florida, but she goes to teach in South Carolina. When we purchased tickets in Shanghai to Xining, we waited on a 1 and a 1/2 hour line and all that were left were one subtle sleeper and one hard seat. The silky sleeper was in haul 10 and the hard seat was in pushcart number 5, so we decided to swap. However, since it is the Chinese National Holiday, the file was awfully crowded, and there were people with position tickets, so it was almost impossible for us to change seats. As I made my way to the smooth sleeper, a man hit me…Yea he plainly hit me! I was shocked…And then…At dinnertime…This one man commented that my putonghua was not up to par! Haha…It was hilarious…Oh and I favorably dislike the verity that since I look Chinese, people automatically feign that I can read it.

anyway…Xining is amazingly different from Shanghai. The people here take their time with clothes, and they are very diverse. We are close to Tibet so it was great since all different types of people here. Last night we ate dinner at this Tibetan Dance Restaurant, and it was very interesting because people were putting these ashen scarves around the singers which the thought sang well…I have yet to build out the significance of that.

Today, we went to Ta’er Si, which is a big monastery for Tibetan Buddhists. It definitely reminded me of my Indian spot visits. It was a very different typeface of Chinese/Indian Monastery. Tomorrow we will be making our way to Tongren, which is a Tibetan Town. I am very excited to see the types of handicrafts I will be able to get there, and to experience the culture there. This trip has been certainly amazing and has been an adventure hence far. I am looking advance to what may lay early in the coming living before our revisit to Shanghai. We will be omitted a few days of seminar, but hopefully that should be okay with the people at IES.

No comments:

Post a Comment